Nathan Coleman

Nathan Coleman
see all my pics by clicking on my picture

Sunday, February 1, 2015

February 1, 2015

To my friends and family,

First, I have sinned the past several weeks. I promised to give Sarah Newberg a shout out on this blog. I have failed, and now I repent. She is the best.

Anyway so this week was rough, but also very rewarding. We dropped a little more than half of our investigators for various reasons (meaning we don't meet with them anymore). We did a lot of calling and a lot of looking for new people to teach. We have one super solid investigator and he and his family seem interested. We meet with him about once a week and meet with a ton of members to help them and stuff. This week we think we should be able to get some new investigators: we are going to focus on how much Christ's gospel can bless the family.

So Korea. First, I got to eat pig intestines (interesting texture) but pretty good, plus a ton of other foods. Second, I get to go to a bathhouse today which should be a awesome cultural... um.. experience. 

So my message on Christ today is found in John 7:17. Christ is talking to the Pharisees about his doctrine and he says something along the lines of "if you follow my teachings, you will know of yourself if it is from me or God." That is what we try to teach our investigators all of the time. Our message is an invitation to all who are willing to humble themselves before God and ask. We can ask anything, any questions from our soul that we have. God will answer them. He promises this sooooo many times in the scriptures. Ask and ye shall receive, knock and it shall be opened. If we are willing to take that first step and follow Christ's teachings, we will come to KNOW not just believe, but know that it is from God. We will know that Christ suffered for all of us and that through believing and following His commandments, we can live with our families and return to God's presence for eternity. We can know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that he saw God and Christ and he truly was a prophet of God. May we follow the the Samaritan women's counsel in John and "come and see." Ask and ye shall receive. Knock, and you will know the mysteries and the love of God.

I love you all,
Elder Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment