Nathan Coleman

Nathan Coleman
see all my pics by clicking on my picture

Sunday, February 15, 2015

February 15, 2015

 Displaying DSC05468.JPG

Hello everyone!

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful week and for those of you in CT right now, I hope you are surviving the blizzard all right. This week was very productive, but unfortunately an Elder in our house is transferring to another area in Korea, so that is kind of sad. We had one of our investigators come to church today and he seemed to be interested and he is still preparing for his baptism.

So Korean culture for the week: 축구. In Korea, soccer is the sport to play. People play a little bit of basketball, baseball, and other things, but basically every Korean is good at soccer. We play with our church members and also some kids who come and play with us every Saturday morning. It is very cold, but it is so much fun. In America, there just isn't a sport that unifies everyone that everyone can play. But in Korea, everyone that I have met is just a beast at soccer. Anyway, it's one of my favorite times of the week and I get to know the people better through it.

So today I'll share a very brief thought because I'm almost out of time. This week I have begun my study on diligence in the scriptures. One of my favorite scriptures so far is found in D&C 123:13. It discusses how we should wear out our lives in the service of others and in sharing the gospel with others. It is great to be diligent in school, sports, and anything else that we love to do. But the most important thing we can be diligent in is service and trying to bring people closer to Christ. As we get closer to Christ we have a better life. It is really that simple. I have had times in my life when I was close to Christ and did service. I was happy then. I have had times in my life when I was not close to Christ and I didn't serve. I wasn't happy then. I hope all of you are happy, and for those of you who aren't, serve your friends, your family, and people around you. Read the scriptures, say a prayer. If you truly want to discover Christ, he has given the invitation, all we must do is knock.

Elder Coleman

(Below is Nathan enjoying a little bit of  home...KFC!)
 Displaying DSC05452.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment