Nathan Coleman

Nathan Coleman
see all my pics by clicking on my picture

Monday, June 29, 2015

June 28, 2015




Hey!

So this week was a great one! We got two new missionaries into our area, Elder Smith and my Boy, Elder Perks. It was a pretty fun week because we got some chances to teach our investigators, who are all doing well enough, and we also had an opportunity to.... Clean! We organized a lot of the stuff about the area. Anyway, I learned this week that planning for the long run is super important, even if it means sacrificing some time in the short run. 

My spiritual thought for the week is something that I found in Hebrews 4. 

15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
 16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy,
and find grace to help in time of need.

Just like us, our Master Jesus Christ faced trials and temptations, but fortunately for all of us, he never yielded to those temptations. Because of that, he can feel our infirmities and he understands what we are going through and how we suffer; but he also knows how to overcome those infirmities. Because of the Savior’s atonement, we can do as Paul says, "obtain mercy" through His death and suffering, but we can also "find grace" or divine help when we need it. I testify that Christ is the Savior of the World. I know that He walked the roads of Galilee, that He ministered to the humble, healed the sick, and taught His gospel to those with a contrite heart. I know that His arm is outstretched to reach all of us, no matter our situation and no matter what mistakes we have made. I hope that the people I teach, those who are impacted by my mission or by any missionary, and those who follow Christ's words can learn for themselves through diligent prayer and study, that Christ is indeed the Risen Son of God. 

I love you all, 
Elder Coleman


No comments:

Post a Comment