Nathan Coleman

Nathan Coleman
see all my pics by clicking on my picture

Sunday, June 14, 2015

June 14, 2015



To my friends and family,

This week has been a pretty ordinary week of finding, learning, and teaching people about the gospel of Christ. But one thing that has not been ordinary and that thing is... Ping pong. Before I left on my mission I never played ping pong aside from the occasional time at someone's house, but I never really enjoyed it. Now that I have been forbidden to play basketball, I play ping pong instead and get lessons from Korean teachers. Super fun, they are so good. But apparently I have been improving!  In the past, Korea used to have a lot of places to play ping pong, but now they mostly have been replaced by PC places and video games. So a lot of people love to come to our church to play ping pong. 

Anyway my spiritual thought for this week is on the Book of Mormon and specifically its witness of Jesus Christ. For the past 2 months I have read through the book every day and I just finished it this past Saturday. Also, throughout this week, I have had an unusually large number of opportunities to teach about it and to study about it. As I testify and as I read, my testimony of the Book of Mormon, specifically of its important testimony of Christ, has grown so much. It simply, powerfully, and unconditionally testifies of the Savior, His divine role, and our responsibility if we want to follow him. The Bible wonderfully accomplishes this same task, but in the Book of Mormon we find clarity for certain passages in the Bible. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I know that it testifies of Christ. I know that by following the precepts in it, we can become closer to God and find our purpose in this life.

I love you all,
Elder Coleman 

No comments:

Post a Comment