Nathan Coleman

Nathan Coleman
see all my pics by clicking on my picture

Monday, May 9, 2016

Banks

May 8, 2016 (Mother's Day)



Hey everyone! I will be brief today because I haven't prepared too many ideas and also because we are in a little bit of a hurry today. Anyway so this week we didn't have a ton of progress missionary work wise, but if you always seek to learn, you will be blessed by the spirit to know things that you can do to improve. So the culture for this week is pretty funny. Apparently back in the day in Korea, because it was so hot and no one had air conditioning, people would go to banks and just chill because it was cool in there. This is funny because this week like 3 people talked to us about doing this and neither me nor my companion knew anything about it. So on a hot day we will go to a bank and just lay on the floor or something haha.

So yesterday I had a chance to talk to my family (we get to call home twice a year so it’s pretty special) and at the very end of the phone call when we were praying, my phone died in the middle. I’m not really sure at what point it died, but it was pretty funny. The reason I tell this story is because when I opened my eyes when I finished the prayer I realized that I was praying totally alone when I thought my family was right there. Then on the bus ride home I tried to think about the more symbolic meaning of that moment. When we pray to our father, he is not right in front of us, we are praying alone. And honestly, sometimes when I pray, I feel totally alone. I feel that I am just saying words when I am kneeling and I don't always feel close to God. But I testify and leave this blessing that anyone who consistently, sincerely, and openly prays to Heavenly Father, they will receive that which they need and seek.
I’m sure some of you are wondering why every week I talk about prayer so maybe I will explain that. Nobody can have a relationship with God without prayer. There is no religion without prayer. And nobody is perfect at prayer. Please, please, please pray every day! And when you are busy, stressed, and have a hundred other things to do, that is exactly the time when you need to pray most. I promise that by praying daily, you will have a new spirit in your lives that will bring you so much joy.

I love you all,
Elder Coleman 



No comments:

Post a Comment