Nathan Coleman

Nathan Coleman
see all my pics by clicking on my picture

Monday, May 23, 2016

What manner of men?



May 22, 2016

My friends and family,

So as usual, not a lot of time to write a super solid letter this week, so I will be brief. Transfers are this Wednesday so I will have a new companion. He is Korean and I am super excited for it. I will learn a ton more about the culture that I am sure will entertain all of you. 

So the message I have today is the most simple, but most difficult message that the Savior ever shared. "Therefore, what manner of men ought ye to be? Verily I say unto you, even as I am."
In our quest to be truly happy and find lasting joy in this life, the path is simple; do the things that Christ did and become like him. We are to do more than just follow his rules, we are to develop His attributes. These include faith, hope, charity, humility, diligence, obedience, honesty, gratitude, virtue, knowledge, and so on. If any of these attributes cause you to cringe a little bit when you hear it, (I know some do for me) it would probably be a great time to work with Heavenly Father through prayer and study to improve our weaknesses. I know that as we develop these attributes, we will be happier in this life and have more self confidence in our relationship with God. 

I love you all,
Elder Coleman 



No comments:

Post a Comment