Nathan Coleman

Nathan Coleman
see all my pics by clicking on my picture

Sunday, December 18, 2016

Comforting Others



December 18, 2016

Hey everyone! So, for those of you who are wondering how the countryside is... it is about the same as the city haha. The only difference is fewer members and fewer people to talk to. But we have all of the same stuff to eat and all of that so that is great. Anyway, so this week is Christmas week but I won't send anything about that until next week because I am not prepared yet haha. But next week I hope you all get a chance to look at the blog, I will try to make it nice. But, anyway, this week I will just share something brief that I learned from my study of the bible this morning.

 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.

When I was studying this morning, I came across this scripture right after I read a quote that goes something like this. God does watch over us, but he usually ministers to our needs through someone else. I have found that so true in my life. I don't always see when God directly gets involved in my life or when he directly comforts me, but I remember a lot of times someone else has done that - either a missionary out here or maybe a friend at home.  I hope that all of you will recognize when God is comforting you through someone else or that you will be able to become a tool for God to comfort someone else. I know that God never leaves us alone, no matter how many mistakes we have made or how far we have moved from him. I know that He will help each of you in your individual struggles as often as you turn to him.

I love you all,

Elder Coleman





No comments:

Post a Comment