Nathan Coleman

Nathan Coleman
see all my pics by clicking on my picture

Monday, December 5, 2016

The Voice of God



December 4, 2016

Hey everyone!

My email will be short today but I hope it will be valuable for people who are reading it. This week was super short and super crazy. We are still teaching a lot of people who are really wonderful and are trying their best to figure out what God wants them to do. And of course that is the topic of my email today. There are so many people are this world (I don't like to generalize but it’s probably almost everyone) that don't know where they are going. They don't know what they want to do with their lives (me), they don't know how to do it (me again), and they don't know where to look to find the answer. Something that has taken me a long time to learn is that God has a plan for each of us individually. And this plan is the plan that is best for us, because God is our father. Of course, most of us don't "know" these things we just do our best to believe them. Something that has helped me find more "faith" or belief is trying to listen for the voice of God, or trying to figure out what he wants me to do. A lot of people believe that God does not exist or he doesn't speak to men or women anymore. My invitation for them is to try. Try to reach out to him. Try to seek his will. It will not be an easy process, but I know it works. I know that God speaks to his children in a way that they can understand. It will not always be a light or a loud voice, but it will be something that you can recognize. I have had to seek his will many times in my life and I have found that this promise is very true.

 7 Ask, and it shall be given‍ you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

 8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh‍ findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

For those of you who are in the midst of trials or difficult decisions, before you step into whatever decision you will make, first look to him that knows all things and loves you perfectly. Pray with real intent, which means that whatever you are told to do, no matter how hard or how much you don't want to do it, you will do. I promise that if you pray with real intent to know the will of God, you will hear his voice. It may not be audible or loud, but it will come. It will come as thoughts in your mind, or a feeling in your heart, or maybe through someone's words. But I testify that it will come. Do not doubt, and do not be afraid. Trust in the love of him that knows all things, for his love is unfailing, and his plan for you are certain.

I love you all and I pray that you may all find peace, guidance, and hear the voice of God,

Elder Coleman




No comments:

Post a Comment