Nathan Coleman

Nathan Coleman
see all my pics by clicking on my picture

Sunday, March 8, 2015

March 8, 2015









To my Family and Friends,

So as usual, Korea is being Korea. We were on a bus yesterday and someone brought a cat onto the bus and it cried for the whole 30 minute long bus ride. I just looked at my companion as we got off and we agreed that everything strange that happens can be explained away with "Korea." We also had some sweet Korean pizza stuff that I have since forgotten the name of, and we still don't have rice in the house so we have been stealing from the church... which is okay... we think.

So today I want to share a scripture found in D&C 6:
"Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not. Behold the wounds which pierced my side, and also the prints of the nails in my hands and feet; be faithful, keep my commandments, and ye shall inherit the kingdom of heaven. Amen."

I remember a blessing that I once gave before I came out onto my mission. Some of you may not know, but in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, we are able to give blessings for healing and comfort. I remember when I gave this blessing that I was probably in more need of healing and comfort than the person I was giving it to. Anyway, as I was giving this blessing, I remember sharing a testimony that the Savior cannot forget us. After the blessing, I was reminded of how true this promise is.

"Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me." (Isaiah 49)

Christ has engraven all of us on the palms of his hands. Sometimes we may forget him, but he can never forget us. When we have problems or experience trials that make us feel alone, remember the wounds that pierced his side. Remember the prints that were put into his hands. If we trust in him and look unto him in every thought and fear not, we are promised that we will inherit heaven. Today, I hope all of you look to him. Say a prayer, read a scripture. Do something that brings you closer to him. As we rely on the Savior, our burdens will be made light and the scars in our hands will be mended through the scars in his.

"Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed." (Isaiah 53)

He loves you. I know that if you let him heal you, you will feel peace and your fears will disappear.

I love you all,

Elder Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment