Nathan Coleman

Nathan Coleman
see all my pics by clicking on my picture

Monday, April 20, 2015

April 19, 2015



To my family and friends, 

The older I get in my mission, the harder it is to write these posts. Not because I don't still love Korea (actually I probably love it more with every passing week) but because I have a lot of experiences that are hard to write about and talk about. This week all of the people we meet with are doing well. They are still reading the scriptures and praying, which if you want to get an answer from God, is absolutely essential. We talked to our friend Jason about how to recognize the answers from God. Like we taught him, we have to be patient and diligent. If we are not willing to put in the work, we will not be able to understand the answer we receive. 

So being in 서초 (Seoul) many people are very rich. Because of this, we have many meal appointments with investigators, members, and sometimes just random people. I can remember several meals this week that were incredibly expensive. Unfortunately, everyone is susceptible to becoming focused on money or wealth. Even missionaries, instead of thinking about the work, might get more focused on what they could eat or who they should meet with to get more food. I’m happy I haven't had many of those people yet on my mission. If any of you are wondering why I am talking about food, it is because there is a food that we should be focusing on. It is not steak or strawberries, but it is the bread of life that Christ has promised to all those that follow him. If you want this bread that satisfies all hunger, just ask. Ask God what you have to do through prayer. He loves all of us.

Love you all,
Elder Coleman 


No comments:

Post a Comment