Nathan Coleman

Nathan Coleman
see all my pics by clicking on my picture

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

June 20, 2016

To my friends and family,

This week has been a good one. We had a lot of meetings, which is, of course, good and bad. You get to hear great things, but you also don't get to go outside and just talk to people on the street. But, fortunately, we had some chances to do that as well. Some culture I learned this past week is something my companion taught me. A lot of Koreans like to speak in a little bit of a round-about way, kind of like suggesting things that would be good to do instead of asking directly if someone will do it (my mom likes to do this a lot). Anyway it has been a fun week trying to learn to speak more indirectly and more naturally. 

Today I want to talk about goals. Setting goals is a principle of faith; we set goals that we believe that in the future we can achieve. When we set an ordinary goal, we have an expectation, or faith, that in the future if we prepare in a certain way and work hard, we can achieve a desired outcome. In my life I have learned that without goals, we are kind of like ship without a rudder, just kind of going where the wind or the waves of life take us. When we set goals, it may be hard to reach them and there are, of course, still challenges, but we have a direction where we want to go and we can head that way. 

One way that we can have more successes in accomplishing our goals is by asking the Lord to become involved in our goals. When we seek divine help for our practical trials, I know that we can find additional strength and additional wisdom from heaven. If it is a righteous or good goal, I also know that God will provide a way to accomplish that goal. 

I love you all and hope you have a great week! Sorry for no pictures again, I can't figure out my camera again. 
https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif


Elder Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment