Nathan Coleman

Nathan Coleman
see all my pics by clicking on my picture

Monday, June 27, 2016

Repentance

June 26, 2016



Hey everyone! Another great week here in Korea and of course another week where I don't have a ton of time to talk about all the crazy stuff that happened. One culture thing that I did learn this week was that when you have had a hard time doing something, never say that you have. Lie and say it was easy. For example, if you worked really hard to prepare something and someone says "you worked really hard!" your response should be "nah, it was super easy, I barely spent any time doing it" even if you spent the last 36 hours not eating and stressing over it. Haha so that was fun to learn.

Anyway, this week I want to mention briefly a principle of the gospel and life that brings us great joy and peace. It is called repentance. Repentance is recognizing that we have done something wrong, stopping that action, confessing to the person we have wronged or to God, and then trying to make up for the harm that it has caused. Although simple, repentance is very hard to apply and can sometimes be a scary process. We think that if we repent, we may be embarrassed or look weak. Alma, a prophet in the Book of Mormon, says this about repentance:

 2 Yea, I would declare unto every soul, as with the voice of thunder, repentance and the plan of redemption, that they should repent and come unto our God, that there might not be more sorrow upon all the face of the earth.

I promise that if we repent, not of just the big things and the embarrassing things, but of the small things as well, we will find peace. This is always true. It may not be true in the short term and the consequences may be very severe, but I promise you that in the long run, apologizing and changing is always the best thing to do. I know that repentance is the best way for each of us to improve our relationship with God and Christ. Even if we do not believe in Christ or God, repentance is the only way that we can find peace and change to become better people.

I love you all and I hope that you can all find true joy this week

Elder Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment