Nathan Coleman

Nathan Coleman
see all my pics by clicking on my picture

Monday, June 13, 2016

Overcoming Weaknesses



June 12, 2016

Hey everybody! It was a super busy week this past week, and today was no different! We had to go to the middle of Seoul to drop off my companion so he could go get a military body check-up. In Korea, every man has to serve in the military for 2 years. If they cannot physically do it, they have other options, but almost everyone goes. It is apparently super hard, but they have phones after like 5 and they have breaks every month or so, so I feel like being a missionary is harder haha. 

The topic that I want to talk about today is overcoming our weaknesses. As all of us are well aware, we are not perfect. Not everyone believes in Satan, an actual spirit who tempts us, but most everyone believes that every person must choose between right and wrong throughout their life. It is almost always more difficult to make the right decision.

Most Christians believe that after the earth was created, Adam and Eve, the first humans, were put in the Garden of Eden. There, they were tempted by Satan and because they fell into temptation, they were cast out of the Garden of Eden. Before they left the garden of Eden, God gave this promise to Eve regarding temptation and the devil:  
"And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel." 

The King James version states that the “bruise” in its second use actually means “crush.” So what this promise means is, although sin or Satan or bad choices will bruise our heal, we always have the power to crush the head of the serpent (Satan) and overcome those sins. This is best done as we pray for strength, specifically to overcome our weaknesses. As we do that, I know that Heavenly Father will help us overcome our faults. I have seen this in my own life and in the lives of the people around me that I teach. If we are humble and sincere and truly wish to overcome our weaknesses and avoid bad choices, our loving Heavenly Father will, of course, help us.

I love you all and I hope you all work to overcome those things in your lives that need to be changed.

Elder Coleman



No comments:

Post a Comment