Nathan Coleman

Nathan Coleman
see all my pics by clicking on my picture

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Choices and Attitude

August 21, 2016



My email today will be very short partially because I just moved this past week so I have a lot of things to organize and partly because I sometimes feel like shorter letters are more powerful and effective. In the Book of Mormon there is a section of over 20 chapters about a great war. At the end of the war there is this scripture: “But behold, because of the exceedingly great length of the war between the Nephites and the Lamanites many had become hardened… and many were softened because of their afflictions, insomuch that they did humble themselves before God, even in the depth of humility.

When trials come, when the storms of life and winds of misfortune inevitably blow, we have a choice. We can choose to become hardened, be cruel to those we love, not help others, and be greedy. Or we can choose to be humble and look to God. I know that as we choose the second, specifically to have a good attitude, that we will be more receptive to the path that Heavenly Father wants us to take.

I love all of you and I pray for you often.
Elder Coleman




No comments:

Post a Comment