Nathan Coleman

Nathan Coleman
see all my pics by clicking on my picture

Monday, August 1, 2016

Be A Good Man



July 31, 2016

Hey everyone!

I don't have much to talk about this week and especially since my companion has been done with his email for a while I kind of want to wrap mine up too. Anyway I don't have any culture to share but we had a race this past week (my companion, and someone that we meet with) and whoever lost had to buy the rest of us KFC. My companion lost so that was a relief because I had no money to buy food haha. Miracles are real!

I will conclude with something that I have learned this past week from my interactions with other missionaries and people on the street. Sometimes, especially as a missionary, being a good man is hard to do. Because we have so many rules about time to be home, where we can go, and all of that, sometimes I feel like I sacrifice being Christlike to be obedient. Anyways, today I got an answer to that question when we were walking home and we met a man who was a little drunk (a lot drunk) and he was very irritated and seemed like he needed our help. My companion said that it was time to go home and not worry about the man, but I felt very strongly that we were supposed to help him. Anyways after talking to him for a while, I learned that he was contemplating suicide and we were able to help him go home and go back to sleep. So the lesson that I learned from this situation is to never deny a prompting to do good. Even if it is very inconvenient or there may be some smaller rules that you have to not follow. Follow what the Savior would do because that is the most important thing that we can do in this life.

I love you all and pray for you often,

Elder Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment