Nathan Coleman

Nathan Coleman
see all my pics by clicking on my picture

Sunday, August 14, 2016

God shall wipe away all tears



August 14, 2016

I am leaving to a new area actually. I will have to go fill a position in Seoul and am getting transferred this week. I know the elder that I will serve with (I worked with him in the MTC) and I am excited, but right now I have not spent any time thinking or worrying about it. The assignment there will be much different than the one here in Gimpo but I will cross that bridge this Wednesday. I have a lot of stuff to do in the next two days. 

As missionaries we are often given words by God's spirit, the Holy Ghost, to comfort those who stand in need of comfort, to mourn with those that mourn, and to stand as witnesses of God. Today I hope that the spirit can guide my words and testify of those things that I feel to stay at this time to you. In the book of Revelations we are told of a day when the Lord Jesus Christ will come back to this earth. It will be a wonderful day, and it is described like this.

“And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.” (Revelations 21:4)


Although I wish that it was that day, it is not. There are still tears, still death, sorrow and pain. As long as we walk this earth it will always be the case. But I testify and leave a promise that God will wipe away those tears from our eyes. He will carry the burdens that are too heavy for us to carry. That promise is fulfilled today. Not tomorrow, not in a thousand years but today. This moment. As we make the choice to trust. As we turn in prayer to our Heavenly Father and put our heart and destiny in his hands, that is when he will wipe away those tears. He may not take away our troubles or our sicknesses, but he will comfort us when there is no one else who can. I testify of the Holy Ghost that will come to anyone who seeks it and I testify of the love of God that will spring out like the well of life to all of those who diligently seek it. 


“Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” (John 14:27)

Don't be afraid, only believe.

Love,
Elder Coleman







No comments:

Post a Comment