Nathan Coleman

Nathan Coleman
see all my pics by clicking on my picture

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Christ Stood Alone



September 12, 2016

Hey everyone!

I have a lot of time before the next appointment that we have (it’s in like 45 minutes) so I figured that I could share some cool culture and also some things that I have been pondering recently. First of all, this week is the Korean thanksgiving! I don't know much about what people do on these days but a lot of it is relating to showing respect to ancestors by cleaning the tombstones and also giving them celebratory food (I think, I will ask more). But the highlight of this week for sure was when I got acupuncture. That stuff is for real. I didn't even plan on getting it, someone just came to our church to meet with us and he heard about my back and he just pulled out his needles and did it. Anyway so that was fun.

There is a song that I listen to that I like a lot on my ipod that is called "worthy to stand" At hard times in my mission and during my life, I have listened to it to remind me that if I can endure today, there will be a time when I can stand blameless before God. I have always looked at standing alone as being very noble and brave. That’s why I like teaching people on the street so much. My companion is off somewhere else and I can just teach people by myself where everyone can see. It is scary to a lot of people but to me it is the perfect time to show that I am willing to stand alone and share the things that I know.

But recently I have thought about this song very differently. This past week after one of the many rejections that we have on the street, I said to myself in my mind, well at least God is proud of me and when I stand to be judged for this experience I can be proud of what I tried to do. Then in my heart I felt these words: "I stood alone so you would never have to" At that time, this prompting was so valuable to me. I have spoken about this topic a lot and so have many other missionaries but it is very personal to me. In all times, and in all things, Jesus Christ stands beside us, even when we are not worthy enough, strong enough, or faithful enough to stand alone. I promise all of you that this is true and I bear my testimony that I have seen this truth in my life. I remember this scripture whenever I think on this topic.

3 Listen to him who is the advocate with the Father, who is pleading your cause before him—

 4 Saying: Father, behold the sufferings and death of him who did no sin, in whom thou wast well pleased; behold the blood of thy Son which was shed, the blood of him whom thou gavest that thyself might be glorified;

 5 Wherefore, Father, spare these my brethren that believe on my name, that they may come unto me and have everlasting life.

Christ is worthy to stand alone. He stood alone and he died alone so we would never have to suffer alone. The invitation to all of us is to believe. I petition you to do this and by doing so now and forever Christ will advocate your cause.

I love you all,

Elder Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment