Nathan Coleman

Nathan Coleman
see all my pics by clicking on my picture

Monday, October 24, 2016

Diligence and Patience



October 23, 2016

Hey everyone!

I have no time today to send something super long and this letter will actually be short so sorry about it haha. We had a good week and the highlight was for sure seeing Elder Bednar (an Apostle) coming to our mission and teaching us.  I learned a lot of great stuff from that!

Anyway so for my brief message I will share a scripture from the Doctrine and Covenants.

 17 Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed.

A lot of us (me included) have problems with patience. Patience with others, situations, and ourselves. Especially those of us who like to do things without other people's help are very susceptible to this. Other people may have a more difficult time with doing all things within our power. As we seek to be diligent and do all that we can do, we can then wait patiently with perfect faith that things will work out for our good in God's timing. We should also work and wait cheerfully, for if we don't life will never be enjoyable to us. I love this work in Korea and I am so happy to be supported and loved by all of you.

Have a great week!
Elder Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment