Nathan Coleman

Nathan Coleman
see all my pics by clicking on my picture

Monday, October 3, 2016

Look to Christ

September 25, 2016



Hey everyone! This week was incredible because we got to see some miracles and we also got to have 3 people get baptized this past weekend! They are all very happy and the church here is very happy as well. I didn't really learn a ton of Korean culture but maybe one thing that none of y’all probably know is that when you are on an escalator the right side is the standing and the left is the walking. Is it like that in America? I don't remember. But also in Korea you have to be separated from the next person by at least a step. Like you can't be right behind them or they get really freaked out... Anyway so that is fun.

There is a story in the old testament when the Israelite's get bitten by fiery serpents when they are traveling through the desert. (Numbers 21) I love the symbolism of this story; in our day there are also fiery serpents. Just like then, none of us are exempt. We will all be poisoned in one way or another by depression, grief, guilt, stress, loneliness, or any other of these similar emotions. There are many ways to temporarily suppress the effects or even bury these problems. But there is only one way to heal them. In this story, the children of Israel looked at the brass serpent only one time in order to be healed. But in our life, we must look constantly to the Savior in order to be safe from the poisons of our day. The Savior said this in the Book of Mormon:

 9 Behold, I am the law, and the light. Look unto me, and endure to the end, and ye shall live; for unto him that endureth to the end will I give eternal life.

For those of you who already believe in Christ but seem to have some of these problems still, I encourage you to look to him. Remember the faith that you once had and do the things that you know you should be doing to look to Christ. For those of you who do not have a belief, try it. Try looking to him by praying, reading the scriptures, or maybe even going to church. Then listen to what your heart tells you. Be conscious of how you feel and then act on those feelings and thoughts that you will have. I know that in my life, looking to Christ and keeping my eyes fixed on him has always brought peace and joy.

I love you all,
Elder Coleman



No comments:

Post a Comment