Nathan Coleman

Nathan Coleman
see all my pics by clicking on my picture

Monday, October 31, 2016

Light and Darkness



October 31, 2016

Hey everyone!

This email will be super fast because I am not getting to email until super late at night! So anyway this week was pretty fun! We had a lot of time to just talk to people on the street and visit some of our friends who were baptized recently.  So for my message this week, I have to give a little bit of background. Because of some of the lessons that we taught this week I felt the desire to study the creation a little bit more in detail than I have in the past. And because of that, I started to study the concept of light. To start I will share a scripture.

 24 That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light, and continueth in God, receiveth more light; and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day.

 25 And again, verily I say unto you, and I say it that you may know the truth, that you may chase darkness from among you;

When the world was first created, there was darkness. The natural state of our lives and this world has been and is still darkness. So, we should not be surprised when things seem bleak for a time. Anyway, as this scripture says, God and Jesus Christ are our light. As we start to follow them, we grow in light until one day we will be as bright as they are. However, not only must we grow in light, we must also be able to chase the darkness from among us. For each of us that is different. For some it may be depression or a medical issue. Others discouragement or doubt. The method to chase the darkness away is not always the same, but we can always receive revelation for how we can do it as we sincerely look to the Lord, and the light of the Lord. I testify and I know that darkness may be natural. But it is not inevitable. Doubt can be replaced by faith. Despair can be conquered by hope. Love can overcome hate. And darkness will always yield to the light.

I love you all,

Elder Coleman





No comments:

Post a Comment