Nathan Coleman

Nathan Coleman
see all my pics by clicking on my picture

Monday, November 21, 2016

The Ten Commandments

November 20, 2016



Hey everyone!

This week was a good one! We were super busy and we had a lot of disappointments but if I have learned anything on this mission here in Korea it is that we can still be happy when we are in the midst of difficulty. This is because I know that even if we have some difficulties now, in the future if we try to do our best, we will eventually succeed and be happy. This belief comes from my belief in a God who rewards those who follow his commandments and try to do those things that he asks us to do. 

Recently when teaching people I have realized that a lot of people (myself included) forget some of the most basic commandments that if we kept them, we would be able to stay on a path to happiness and peace. I hope you take some time to read them and think about the 10 Commandments. They are for our benefit and they are for our day as well. I hope that as you study them you will find ways that we can all be more obedient and better people. These are not rules with punishments attached to them. They are guidelines that lead us to safety and peace with eternal blessings along the way.  I know that if we try to keep them, we will be able to live happier lives.

Elder Coleman 
1.  “Thou shalt have no other gods before me” (Exodus 20:3).
2.  “Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image” (Exodus 20:4).
3.  “Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain” (Exodus 20:7).
4.  “Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy” (Exodus 20:8).
5.  “Honour thy father and thy mother” (Exodus 20:12).
6.  “Thou shalt not kill” (Exodus 20:13).
7.  “Thou shalt not commit adultery” (Exodus 20:14).
8.  “Thou shalt not steal” (Exodus 20:15).
9.  “Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour” (Exodus 20:16).
10.  “Thou shalt not covet” (Exodus 20:17)

No comments:

Post a Comment