Nathan Coleman

Nathan Coleman
see all my pics by clicking on my picture

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Blessed are those who seek to bring forth Zion



February 26, 2017

To my friends and family,

Hey everyone! This week had a lot of ups and downs, the biggest up of course having Elder Holland, one of our church's great leaders come to speak to us here in Seoul and the biggest down learning for sure and finally getting the news that I will be returning home on March 15 instead of April 27. This news of course is great because I get to see my family a little sooner but sad news because that I only have about 2 weeks left to be a missionary. So sorry everyone I guess only like 3 more blog posts.

Anyway so today I wanted to share a short message about a scripture that has meant a lot to me in the Book of Mormon. It says this.

 37 And blessed are they who shall seek to bring forth my Zion at that day, for they shall have the gift and the power of the Holy Ghost; and if they endure unto the end they shall be lifted up at the last day, and shall be saved in the everlasting kingdom of the Lamb; and whoso shall publish peace, yea, tidings of great joy, how beautiful upon the mountains shall they be.

I think there are a couple reasons why I like this passage. The first is that this is of course talking about missionaries, those who are seeking to establish Zion, the city of peace or the kingdom of the Lord.  It says in here that blessed are they who seek to bring forth Zion, not those who bring forth Zion. In the Lord's eyes, when we seek to do the things he commanded, when we seek to bless his children, he is happy with us. The next reason I liked this passage is because it is a promise to all of the missionaries, past, present and future, that they will be blessed with the gift of the Holy Ghost and eventually be able to enter God's kingdom. I am so blessed to have been given the chance to enjoy building God's Zion here in Korea. I am so grateful that I have been given the gift of the Holy Ghost as I have been doing it. And I am grateful that I have been able to learn so much from the people in Korea. It is my hope that for them, I have been at least a little bit beautiful, and even though one person cannot solve all of the cultural, political, and economic problems that the country is facing, I hope that at least I was able to publish peace in the lives of a few. I know that God lives and that he speaks to his children every single day. I know that because Jesus Christ lives and He suffered for us that we are able to have peace and one day be able to enter his kingdom. I love you all and I hope that you all have a great week.

Elder Coleman








No comments:

Post a Comment