Nathan Coleman

Nathan Coleman
see all my pics by clicking on my picture

Sunday, February 19, 2017

My Angels Round About



February 19, 2017

Hey everyone!

This week was definitely an interesting one! Mainly because we got to see almost the entire mission by bus. Of course, that also means that now we have no money haha. It was definitely a week of surprises and a lot of traveling, but because of that we had a lot of time to think in the buses. One of the concepts that I have pondered a lot about is that as we live in this life, we will all have setbacks and opposition. We all want things in our life to change and to be a little bit easier or to be a little bit different. I have had that experience many times in my life, and I look back at it now and I realize that when that happened it was exactly what I needed to learn something, or to become a little bit better. So with that I wanted to tell an interesting story that happened this past Sunday. We are living in a very small branch as you know (usually around 10 people including the 4 missionaries come) So, of course I was asked to teach a lesson that I had not really prepared for at all. Anyways as I was teaching the lesson one of the older members of the ward mentioned that it was very hard for her to get to the temple (it is almost 4 hours away) and that she just wishes she had someone to go with her and to live according to the gospel. At that point one of the missionaries bore a testimony that every single trial is for our own benefit and it is silly to think that we could learn without them. The spirit was very powerful when he spoke and she seemed touched by his words. After he spoke I was prompted, or more likely forced, into telling her that she will never go to the temple alone. The Holy Ghost will always be with her and if she needs them, God will send angels to go with her. It reminded me of this promise in the D&C

88 And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.

I am so grateful that although I have not been able to see all of the angles who have helped me in my life, I have been able to see some of them and I have been able to feel others. I am so grateful that God will send angels for all of us in the midst of our trials to bear us up, and to make us strong when we are not. I promise and I know that angels have, will, and are supporting you in each of your trials. I know that God never abandons his children. And I know that if you ask, you will be given angels to help and if you watch and truly pray to understand, you will see, feel, and recognize them. I love you all, and I know that God loves you as well.


Elder Coleman 

No comments:

Post a Comment