Nathan Coleman

Nathan Coleman
see all my pics by clicking on my picture

Monday, July 11, 2016

Light - July 3, 2016



To my family and friends,

Today I do not have a ton of time as always, but I will try to send something that could be meaningful. This past week we got a new mission president. While I will miss President and Sister Morrise more than I can express, I am excited to work with President Turner in Korea! This week was also interesting because the stormy season has officially started here in Korea and it is going to be a little crazy for the next couple of months with all of the rain we will get. 

Something that President Turner emphasized when we first met him was the concept of gathering light. He mentioned that we can usually recognize people who are full with light just because of the way they seem to glow with goodness. I have had the privileged of having a lot of those people in my life, and almost without fail, the way and the reason they radiated with that light is because they loved and served others. There are many ways to gain this light or brightness that comes from God: reading scriptures, going to church, prayer, service, and other things. But the best way in my opinion is truly trying to serve and help others. As we do this, we will find that we are happier, we are brighter, and we see the world with a different perspective. We see the world not as a dark place or a place of unfriendly people. We will see the world as bright and wonderful because that is how we choose to react. 

That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light, and continueth in God,
receiveth more light; and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day.


I promise that all of us can receive this light that is in God. And that by growing our light through showing our love to others, our light will become as bright as the perfect day. 

I love you all,
Elder Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment