Nathan Coleman

Nathan Coleman
see all my pics by clicking on my picture

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Sanctify Yourselves



January 29, 2017

Hey everyone!

I will have to be quick on this email because as always, I got distracted on my email and forgot to send this one... Sorry. This past week was actually the Korean New Year so we were busy with a lot of conferences and other things, so it was kind of a hard week to do the work. But we had a ton of fun and actually had a chance to eat some traditional foods and see a traditional folk village (pictures of that to come I promise, our camera battery died haha).

This past Saturday evening was a pretty eye opening experience for me. As a very old missionary, you must be very careful not to let yourself get distracted, even a little bit because if you do then it kind of just snowballs really fast into just a bad attitude and you get really tired and all of that. And, of course, since I don't want that, I have been thinking about ways that I can be more sanctified and diligent. In the book of Joshua before the Israelites enter the promise land, the Lord says this.

 5 And Joshua said unto the people, Sanctify yourselves: for to morrow the Lord will do wonders among you.

I want this promise in my life, for my mission and for my life afterwards. One thing that I have learned on my mission is that even if we are very intelligent, funny, diligent, and all of those good things, without God backing us, we are going to have a lot of problems accomplishing the things that we need to accomplish. When we are sanctified, or when we are doing those things that are pleasing to God such as living his commandments, studying his word, and helping others, we are promised the help of God. That is so important on a mission when I am trying to teach people about Jesus Christ and about how He can bless their lives. I need that additional power, strength and wisdom that come from God. But even after my mission, I hope that I can live a sanctified life. Of course, we can have fun and enjoy ourselves, but my greatest wish is to always be living in a way that if I was called to be judged at any moment, I would be ready. Of course, I don't think I will ever reach that mark in this life, but it is something to aim for. I know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that He lives still and can help us in our daily trials and help us become far better than we can ever be alone.

I love you all,
Elder Coleman





2 comments:

  1. Hey this is Jae Young how are u?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Elder Coleman's Mom. I manage Elder Coleman's Blog. You can best reach him on his email address. It is: Nathan.Coleman@myldsmail.net

    ReplyDelete