Nathan Coleman

Nathan Coleman
see all my pics by clicking on my picture

Sunday, January 8, 2017

Where two or three are gathered in my name...



January 8, 2017

Hey everyone! How was everyone's first week of 2017! Mine was pretty exciting with great weather out here in Korea. We had some great experiences from playing basketball with a lot of old people (and some young people) hitch hiking, eating some steak, and going all across our mission trying to figure out how to update our Visas haha. But we all made it through alright and we are doing well. 

This week one of my favorite experiences was in our church meeting. Down here in the place where I am serving, we don't have a lot of members (about 10 people come to church including us 4 missionaries) so sometimes the Sunday meetings are a little... small. Honestly in the meeting, at first I was like, wow this is super small how can I feel the spirit in this small of a group? I also had some pretty discouraging thoughts about trying to rebuild the church down here. But as I was sitting in the meeting, the feeling that I felt is regardless of how few people come to church or how few people are doing the right thing, the best thing to do is always to follow God. I remember this scripture in the book of Matthew:

 20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

When there are problems around us, in school, in work or in our hearts, if we gather with those we love in our families, friend groups and churches, Jesus Christ can be there. He can be there to strengthen us in times of trials if we invite him to do so. I hope that as you all continue in the new year with all of your goals, I hope that you invite the Savior to guide you how to make your goals and to do the right thing, by gathering together with good people. I know that by doing so we will be guided in the direction that we need to go and Christ and his spirit will truly be in the midst of us. 


Elder Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment